Status
Not open for further replies.

eastfreo75

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don’t know that it does. I remember a while ago there was a discussion on this on a footy show and the stats showed the opposite was true, i.e. more of those first games were lost than won.
Coaches sacked mid way into the season usually are bottom 4 and the new coach will have a better record in caretaker mode.

Every game is a danger game and especially when the other team has a caretaker coach.

ozzie69

All Australian
Jun 28, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
It looks as though Wilson, Logue and Tabs will be right to play this week - Fyfe a possibility but line ball. I expect Fyfe will get another week, so therefore it becomes an issue of who gets dropped for these three?
It would be a shame to see Walker dropped after a good debut, but it often works this way. James Aish was revelation at HBF last match - one of his best for us. Conca will probably be dropped with Walker in defense, which leaves probably Joel Western or Mitch Crowden to make way for Tabs - my guess is Western.
Given our need for wingers I expect Bewley will get another run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dockeroo

Premiership Player
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
It looks as though Wilson, Logue and Tabs will be right to play this week - Fyfe a possibility but line ball. I expect Fyfe will get another week, so therefore it becomes an issue of who gets dropped for these three?
It would be a shame to see Walker dropped after a good debut, but it often works this way. James Aish was revelation at HBF last match - one of his best for us. Conca will probably be dropped with Walker in defense, which leaves probably Joel Western or Mitch Crowden to make way for Tabs - my guess is Western.
Given our need for wingers I expect Bewley will get another run.
Hard to see Western staying in after 4 touches when we are still in finals contention.
If the season was already over it would be different

ozzie69

All Australian
Jun 28, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Could be up to five changes.

In: Wilson, Fyfe, Taberner, Logue, Switta

Out: Walker, Western, Conca, Crowden, Duman/Bewley (depending on how they want to set up).
I can see Logue and Wilson it - likely for Walker and Conca. Tabs and Switta for Crowden and Western is reasonable. That leaves who comes out for Fyfe as Bewley was OK last game and Fyfe isn't a winger. Fyfe to sub? (haha)

FreoRicci

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
I can see Logue and Wilson it - likely for Walker and Conca. Tabs and Switta for Crowden and Western is reasonable. That leaves who comes out for Fyfe as Bewley was OK last game and Fyfe isn't a winger. Fyfe to sub? (haha)
Honestly? Tucker. He was poor.

FreoRicci

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Also, what about Switkowski? He’s definitely rated for his pressure. Very interesting selection week .

FreoRicci

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Tucker is one of the best at sending the ball inside 50 for score involvements. He's got a great footy brain.
Definitely. Hence why Aish needs to go half back and Tucker into the wing. Against Collingwood 2019, he was very effective at delivering and snagging a goal. Lethal kick for goals actually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad