Prediction Round 17: Changes Vs St Kilda + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be at this game, first Freo game since the Docklands game vs Carlton last year. Hopefully I am not a jinx.

What I am most worried about is Ryder and Marshall. Darcy has been good but had some brain fades in the last quarter, and with Taberner potentially out, Lobb might have less capacity to ruck. Ryder was excellent against Carlton, Marshall handy too.

Mundy had a great game and the bye was only a couple weeks ago. Doubt they even think about resting him

I know and I agree, he was much better, but I’m just thinking long term, try squeeze a extra rest in here on a 6 day break and keep him off the fast deck at Marvel. Have him primed for a big dual with the Sydney mids

Will be at this game, first Freo game since the Docklands game vs Carlton last year. Hopefully I am not a jinx.

What I am most worried about is Ryder and Marshall. Darcy has been good but had some brain fades in the last quarter, and with Taberner potentially out, Lobb might have less capacity to ruck. Ryder was excellent against Carlton, Marshall handy too.
Hence why it’s better to bring in Treacy or Meek. Darcy isn’t 100% and will be dominated by both if he’s on his own. Darcy will need a chop out, particularly against Marshall. Just makes sense

Hence why it’s better to bring in Treacy or Meek. Darcy isn’t 100% and will be dominated by both if he’s on his own. Darcy will need a chop out, particularly against Marshall. Just makes sense

Not dissimilar to when we played Brisbane. They played Fort and McInerney, we replied with Darcy and Meek. Lobb full time forward and it worked nicely.

If Tabs is injured I’d like to see it rolled out again.

Think its a combination of versing the bottom six teams during that stretch (we outscored wce by like 70+ on tovs) and losing rly important guys like drizzy and switta and chappy
I remember king going on about how Richmond had recaptured their turn over game because of their heavy scoring from turnovers “in the last couple of weeks” iirc they had played north and wce in those weeks and broke the afl record for scores from turnovers against an abysmal wce.

Our stats looked good because we were playing s**t teams.

In- Meek, Tucker
Out- Colyer, Taberner

B Ryan Cox Walker
HB Clark Pearce Young
C Hughes Brodie Aish
HF Fredrick Logue Bainfield
F Schultz Lobb Walters
FOLL- Darcy Fyfe Brayshaw
I/C- Serong, Mundy, Wilson, Meek
Sub: Tucker

Not dissimilar to when we played Brisbane. They played Fort and McInerney, we replied with Darcy and Meek. Lobb full time forward and it worked nicely.

If Tabs is injured I’d like to see it rolled out again.
Not sure it is the right mix for Marvel. I’d prefer we go with more runners. Optus and Gabba are much bigger grounds.

Heading over to Melb for work and was thinking of going to the game - where is the best place to sit at Marvel?
Behind the goals on the northern end from memory. There were freo flags waving around so I assume it was the cheer squad was there..

Being shite kilda the place will be empty and you can sit wherever you want..

Not sure it is the right mix for Marvel. I’d prefer we go with more runners. Optus and Gabba are much bigger grounds.
Just want to avoid Lobb in the ruck. Have been dominated the last fortnight. He’s much better off just full time forward. St Kilda are going to be tall. Just adding Treacy or Meek evens it up. Keeps Lobb and Logue up forward which is fine, it’s the small forwards that need to be on top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would think Chapman and probably even Acres, when they are ready, will have to come back via Peel, its been a while. Its just too hot in the kitchen to miss 6 weeks or so and be expected to be up and running at AFL level speed.

Never thought I’d be sweating on an Acres return, yet here we are. And if not, I’d be trying Walker on a wing instead of Hughes.

Taberner is concern. Maybe Meek if he doesn’t back up.

We need to have Walker back for the Higgins match up this week.

We need to have Walker back for the Higgins match up this week.

We should persist with Wilson, freed up Clark to have a career best game. Walker ran out of gas, Port were running him ragged. Was amazing to slot Wilson back there to help out. Good game too, big metres gained and a goal assist from a long bomb inside 50.

I remember king going on about how Richmond had recaptured their turn over game because of their heavy scoring from turnovers “in the last couple of weeks” iirc they had played north and wce in those weeks and broke the afl record for scores from turnovers against an abysmal wce.

Our stats looked good because we were playing s**t teams.
We also changed our approach after Collingwood and Gold Coast upped the contested element of our games and our turnover game got taken away from us. Since Melbourne we played a far more midfield driven game, winning the clearances against all but Carlton.

Early in the week, but I like this.

I also would prefer Wilson in the wing to Hughes.
I reckon it could be an opportunity to play Sturt as well. Two medium talls in Sturt and Logue along with Lobb.

I’m sorry but having Lobb, Darcy and Meek in the same team vs Saints at Marvel will not work well. Ryder is like Lobb (ruck forward) and Marshall match up for Darcy. Darcy can go forward.

Chapman by all reports will be available.

I reckon it could be an opportunity to play Sturt as well. Two medium talls in Sturt and Logue along with Lobb.

I’m sorry but having Lobb, Darcy and Meek in the same team vs Saints at Marvel will not work well. Ryder is like Lobb (ruck forward) and Marshall match up for Darcy. Darcy can go forward.

Chapman by all reports will be available.
Yeah sweetback has Sturt coming IN which I like. We need to know where he is at and to develop our forward depth for the second half of the season.

I am wondering how close Johnson is to a debut.

Behind the goals on the northern end from memory. There were freo flags waving around so I assume it was the cheer squad was there..

Being shite kilda the place will be empty and you can sit wherever you want..
Good visibility front row coventry end? or better to go a few seats further back for the slight elevation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back