Prediction Round 18: Changes Vs Geelong + pre-match discussion (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTY BABY)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my ticket… can’t wait. trying a new location out before hopefully getting a membership next year. Sitting in block 116. Any reviews?

Hoping we just don’t get crushed. Not expecting to win. Think they are just too good and strong everywhere. but would love to be wrong!!!

Got my ticket… can’t wait. trying a new location out before hopefully getting a membership next year. Sitting in block 116. Any reviews?

Hoping we just don’t get crushed. Not expecting to win. Think they are just too good and strong everywhere. but would love to be wrong!!!
im on that level but opposite side, it's a brilliant view, you feel so close to the game on level 1

Excellent block, you'll be happy. My thoughts much as yours. Do two wrongs make a right???

The last time we beat them here they played with a really wide starting position at the bounces and stoppages, presumably because Dangerfield and Kelly are and were far quicker than the likes of Mundy, Fyfe, Cerra, Tucker, Walters etc.

Even with Mundy spending most of the game doing nothing as an extra tall forward target, along with Darcy when Sandi was in the ruck - Dave had a very good 4th quarter involved in three goals with two off his own boot.

Arguably, Mundy in the middle, Darcy in the ruck, Serong in the middle - we are a better midfield than that game.

But the latest game we played, although I believe it was what won Serong the rising star, we were outmatched in the middle.

Arguably, Mundy in the middle, Darcy in the ruck, Serong in the middle - we are a better midfield than that game.

But the latest game we played, although I believe it was what won Serong the rising star, we were outmatched in the middle.
I think our mids are starting to gel. Some of the stuff they did on the w/end was awesome teamwork.
Geelong will have to be on their game for our mids I reckon

It's a huge game. It's an emotional game, with dear little Milli having passed away at aged 14, I will never forget that big beautiful smile at the Port game 2 years ago and she was elated to spend time with Nat and the gang, walking off the field with them waving, singing the song in the rooms! It's a part of football that gets done right, gets done really well. You'd have to be inhuman for it not to tug on the ole heart strings....or my Mother-in-law.

So it's a massive game tomoz; a lot hangs on it and we've got the right opponents at the right time to see if we've progressed enough to make this a serious shake-up. Finals is calling - do we have what it takes physically and mentally to accept and meet the challenge?! I've no doubt old stoic-balls Mr. Longmuir has got them ready, instilling enough level-headedness to make sure they're not getting carried away (like many of us!!) :p

We're going to find out. And I'm really nervous. It means a lot.

But even more than that, I'm excited. Because the wheel is turning. It's just a matter of finding out if the wheel has turned THIS year, before next. I really hope they win this - Geelong a decent and well organised side with some good forward options. But no team is unbeatable. And we're back home! Every dog has its day. Belief is everything....I can't be there in person but I'll be shouting my t*ts off at the screen, and exhausting myself no doubt! I hope my heart can take it hahaha!

I feel optimistic about what lays before us though. But the unknown is equally in turns terrifying as it exciting; sometimes you need to take that leap of faith and believe. 6 more rounds left....the 'road' to Finals could start here. Geelong awaits.

Who else is quietly sh***ing bricks, but also excited like a 7 year old come Christmas Eve...?!

Tough going this Freo supporting lark :straining::tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be crazy for WA not to allow the players through meaning we send our team to the place with the covid to play instead. That doesn't make sense.

It would also be crazy for Geelong to not already be on the way here, flying in on the day of the game after a short break with an old list - good plan!

Sucks because I wanna be able to watch the game with all my attention but I'm working tomorrow night, will hope nobody comes around so I can watch it on the screens outside my stall.

That was the first game where I have seen Optus struggle with drainage. Let's hope for better conditions come Thursday.

Reckon the 20-30k/h winds will dry it out. It will be like last weekend, when it poured down on Friday, but by Saturday afternoon the grass was dry.

Last edited:
Uh oh. All arrivals from Victoria must quarantine for 14 days, effective immediately. Will this game even go ahead?

WA tightens travel restrictions on Victoria after COVID-19 flare up
Probably isolation into hotels. Then play game and straight home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back