Preview Round 18: Changes Vs Sydney + Pre-match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

But that was the straw that broke the camel’s back. No KPF for weeks. Relying on Cox for two weeks. Killed us
We had lLobb and McCarthy and could have played lLogue forward for a third tall. We chose to go small and our forward line got swamped. by Hawthorns tall backs and through inappropriate entries.

bringing in a lot of youth mate.

Duman in for hughes would make sense.

Duman is a reliable kick. might as well play him as CHB. he is tall enough at 192 cm.

Personally, I would bring in Logue. Play hin at CHB

I Would bring in carter or sturt, not both, rotate the youth.

You’re no doubt correct. I would’ve liked Carter to have been given a go by now but suspect he’ll be first cab off the rank with hopefully, Sturt a week or two later.

As Cobbler said, Logue did nothing to say that he deserves a recall but as we all know that means f all and if they feel they need him in, he’ll play.

You’re no doubt correct. I would’ve liked Carter to have been given a go by now but suspect he’ll be first cab off the rank with hopefully, Sturt a week or two later.

As Cobbler said, Logue did nothing to say that he deserves a recall but as we all know that means f all and if they feel they need him in, he’ll play.
Well with Alex Pearce out and Cox still injured. Logue and Duman are the other 190 cm tall defenders not injured

I believe we fade away because Ross likes to bank wins early & sees the opportunity in the first half of the year to go harder for longer by being better prepared.
Some teams start slower but seem to pace themselves better to be peaking at the right end. Essendon, Hawks, Brisbane, Eagles all coming home much better than they started while we appear a spent force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe we fade away because Ross likes to bank wins early & sees the opportunity in the first half of the year to go harder for longer by being better prepared.
Some teams start slower but seem to pace themselves better to be peaking at the right end. Essendon, Hawks, Brisbane, Eagles all coming home much better than they started while we appear a spent force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Webber under instruction from Ross then.

Who played well in the WAFL?
I see Bewley,Banfield and Schultz had abit of it.

When is Hogan available?

We need to play one of young ones @ home - We seem to be different at home.
We drafted Cerra as a mid - play him mid! Yeah rest him forward but he's a mid

Give us fans something to look upto now the years done! Atleast win 9/10 games

Schultz was good and kicked a couple of good goals from set shots, Bewley got a lot of it but kicked aimlessly. Banfield really worked hard but made a few errors. I suppose if you get it a lot that will happen but they really stood out. Much better in the midfield.
Agree. Time for Cerra to pay his way. He is a second year player now. Most of his cohort have been playing in the midfield for ages now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are 7-9 now. Will lyon choose best 22 or play a couple of kids?

Still have this funny feeling freo can squeeze out a win vs the swans. that means we got 8-9.

Lose to swans and our finals chances are gone with a 7-10 record. We aint posting a 12-10 record.

Ross what are your thoughts on the game?
I sit here really disappointed. We came down with a real purpose and I thought we were well in the game. I thought we had momentum in the third quarter. I thought we were getting over the top and then inexplicitly some real basic fundamentals of not getting off the mark and kicking into the man on the mark and turning the ball over. I think they kicked three quick goals to poor execution. Then it became 21 points quick, it’s sort of been the tale of the tape a little bit, so we spoke about the improvement required in that area.

I think its reasonable to say we know who one of the guys going out is.

Schultz was good and kicked a couple of good goals from set shots, Bewley got a lot of it but kicked aimlessly. Banfield really worked hard but made a few errors. I suppose if you get it a lot that will happen but they really stood out. Much better in the midfield.
Agree. Time for Cerra to pay his way. He is a second year player now. Most of his cohort have been playing in the midfield for ages now.

Pretty much describes his awful Carlton game a couple of weeks ago as well.

Who played well in the WAFL?
I see Bewley,Banfield and Schultz had abit of it.

When is Hogan available?

We need to play one of young ones @ home - We seem to be different at home.
We drafted Cerra as a mid - play him mid! Yeah rest him forward but he's a mid

Give us fans something to look upto now the years done! Atleast win 9/10 games

Possibly this week according to Ross in his post game presser.

Ross what are your thoughts on the game?
I sit here really disappointed. We came down with a real purpose and I thought we were well in the game. I thought we had momentum in the third quarter. I thought we were getting over the top and then inexplicitly some real basic fundamentals of not getting off the mark and kicking into the man on the mark and turning the ball over. I think they kicked three quick goals to poor execution. Then it became 21 points quick, it’s sort of been the tale of the tape a little bit, so we spoke about the improvement required in that area.

I think its reasonable to say we know who one of the guys going out is.
It baffles me how often pro footballers kick into the mark.

FB: Nyhuis. Hamling. Ryan.
HB: Wilson. Logue. Carter.
C: Langdon. Fyfe. B.Hill.
HF: Tucker. Hogan. Walters.
FF: Matera. Lobb. McCarthy.
FOL: Darcy. Blakely. Mundy.
I/C: Shultz. S.Hill. Conca. Brayshaw.

In: Shultz, Carter, Logue, Hogan
Out: Switta, Cerra, Hughes, Colyer

0% Chance changes even remotely close to this happens but this is the side id like to see take on the Swans. If you're not going to play Cerra on ball, don't play him at all as he is so lost out there at the moment he looks nothing like an AFL player. Its also about time we give someone a debut, especially at home in a very winnable game like this. Whether that is Carter(my pick), North, Valente or Sturt I don't really care who just someone please, give us some youth! Logue never should of been dropped and I don't particularly care how bad his game was at Peel, he is better then Hughes or ******* Colyer. Hopefully Hogan can get up but I doubt he will, He would bring much needed structure into the forward line and another much needed target. Shultz deserves another crack just like Banfield and Crowden the last couple of weeks, and hey if he can kick a couple goals then he is already a big improvement on Switta who should of been dropped weeks ago IMO. Bringing Carter in would give us another back flanker in a team of back flankers and the ability to release Blakely on ball for more minutes (even though he should be in there already). If Walters ends up getting suspended Cerra survives.

Thoughts ?

I think we need to find a way to get Duman and Logue into the team. Also, no way is Switta getting dropped.
Agree with you other then Switta, he probably wont get dropped but I believe he should, he provides nothing to the team at the moment other then tackles which a handful of others at Peel could do and still have a bigger impact then him. I'm probably alone in thinking that though ill admit.

Agree with you other then Switta, he probably wont get dropped but I believe he should, he provides nothing to the team at the moment other then tackles which a handful of others at Peel could do and still have a bigger impact then him. I'm probably alone in thinking that though ill admit.

To be clear i'm not advocating against you, i think theres an argument to drop him as well but i don't see a way the coach who loves his style of play would consider it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back