Prediction Round 9: Changes Vs Gold Coast + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

i dunno about amiss vs treacy debate. i think play lobb, treacy and amiss

banfield for lobb
switta for colyer

how do you fit acres, logue and sturt.

Frederick for Henry immediately.
Lobb for Treacy, but Josh worked hard, role for role.
Colyer, Acres in for ... Banfield and... umm...
Loved what Amiss brought tonight but he was a passenger after HT and needs to build his tank and fitness in the WAFL for another few weeks. I’d keep Treacy in ahead of him even though he also ran out of steam a bit.
Easy to forget they are both still only 19

Out: Henry, Banfield, Amiss, Switta, Walker
In: Freddy, Colyer, Lobb, Sturt (yes I’m back on my BS), Acres

Really stiff on Griff, so much will depend on how those with covid pull up (esp Freddy, Meek and Griff seeing they’ll get out Thursday)

Pretty silly people saying Amiss stays, sure he got some goals, and he's going to be a ripper, but he's so clearly not ready. He's second bloke out after Henry.

Out: Erasmus, Henry, Switta, Banfield, Tucker

In: Lobb, Acres, Colyer, Freddy

Banfield to the sub

Feel so bad for Logue, just can't squeeze him in with Chappy and Young back.

My thoughts from being at the game live

Amiss was exciting, but way too lean. Needs bulk. Don’t chase overly well and didn’t try run McKay around at all. Initiated body contact most the time but lost due to him not as strong.

Treacy was huge. Crashed packs and field kicking was great.

Walker has been poor for 2/3 weeks now.
Henry does a lot right, but tried way too hard before he has the ball.

For me (providing all covid guys good to go)

In - Lobb Frederick Acres Logue Colyer
Out - Switta (concussed) Walker Banfield Henry Amiss.

Tough selection this week, the only player you could suggest may not have done enough was Henry but I just don't see him developing into the player we need without consistent games, that said, as a team challenging (still feels weird writing that), you have to make that kind of calls.

I'd be very surprised if Banfield doesn't hold his spot.

I don’t mind what Walkers doing, I think he’s playing his role & it frees up Aish to play where we need him.
Incidentally Aish was great tonight & I think his best role is around the contest where I thought he gave us a lift after our mids had a sluggish first half around the contest.

We have such strong depth. The elite players allow players to find their feet.

Henry - he is so close to having a break out game IMO. He is around it, just his head seems to be one step too far. He is doing everything right but composure lets him down. If he gets it together, he will be good. I suspect on training he is not so nervous. He is young.

Banfield. Be honest everyone. That was a good game of footy. He should have had 4 goals. If that game, was by any other player - like if Erasmus played his game - the thread would be in melt down. We need to give credit to an outstanding game. Top 5 for mine.

Chapman. He is the future of the FFC. This is our best selection. He is the Fyfe, where you say "this kid has something unlike anyone before". I am telling you (and many here have said it), but he is a jet!

Pretty silly people saying Amiss stays, sure he got some goals, and he's going to be a ripper, but he's so clearly not ready. He's second bloke out after Henry.

Out: Erasmus, Henry, Switta, Banfield, Tucker

In: Lobb, Acres, Colyer, Freddy

Banfield to the sub

Feel so bad for Logue, just can't squeeze him in with Chappy and Young back.
Same for me probably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our depth is really good and whoever comes in against Gold Coast will do a job for us

I feel like we got 30 or so good players (assuming they are fit and firing) to choose from each week it's a very good headache for the match committee

Acres for Henry
Colyer for Switta
Lobb for Amiss
Logue has to come back, no doubt fate will step in somewhere along the line and make the decision.

Having said that, the road trip to GC is our longest and everyone needs to be cherry ripe.

Loved what Amiss brought tonight but he was a passenger after HT and needs to build his tank and fitness in the WAFL for another few weeks. I’d keep Treacy in ahead of him even though he also ran out of steam a bit.
Easy to forget they are both still only 19

Amiss is still 18.

I know he played out the game - but Logue in for Ryan maybe ?
Let the ankle heal and have a like for like .
He looked proppy after the injury.

And also, what’s with Alex Pearce almost breaking his own ankle every game. He’s like a giraffe on an ice rink at times

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

GC have the two big key forwards, albeit B graders. The break will give time to Ryan’s and Pearces ankles to recover a little, if not Logue comes in

Walker stays, but concerned his occasional fumble this season will cause some headaches in the GC conditions

Henry to come out but may get a reprieve as Switta is out due to concussion. You’d expect Freddy to return

And Amiss to come out for Lobb. Super happy for Amiss and seeing him live last night, can’t wait to see this guy develop. But common sense has Lobb coming back

Treacy stays for mine

Do we rest Mundy and let Raz play a whole game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back