Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 11 vs. ADEL - AO, Tues 11/08 @ 6:35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes me nervous AF when hearing commentators on the radio etc talking as if we just win, no ifs, no buts.

They almost beat Essendon just a week or two ago, and we're getting injuries all over the place.

I just hope we can get some early goals and control the game, unlike last night.
C1C6038F-0319-4124-9E44-7E24A36409C0.png

Good chance we will make 7-8 changes for this one -

the 3 injuries
The 2-3 changes for those with suspect soft tissue history - Moore, Elliott etc
Maybe a Grundy needs a rest
And it is hard to justify the likes of Phillips and Thomas getting another game despite the others out. Maybe Phillips survives to add some experience to team.

The team likely to be something like this
Maynard Roughy Murphy
Crisp Dunn Madgen
Daicos Sidebottom Noble
Broomhead Mihocek C Brown
Stephenson Reid (or Cox) Ruscoe
Grundy (or Cameron) Sier Adams
Mayne Wills Phillips + one of T Brown/Varcoe/Greenwood/Appleby/Rantall

Last edited:

Rate this

Edit: Would expect T Brown before Appleby as he can play wing like WHE can.

Also, Mayne was rested, so will probably play for another player due to rest this game. 6 changes I think.

Yeah I forgot Mayne. He will probably return. Not sure T.Brown would be any value up forward. Wing, yeah sure.

Something else has changed in the last week or two.
Despite losing Howe & now Quaynor, very few if any are calling for Schaz to come back in.
I think the penny may have finally dropped.

History shows that not many teams lose 11 in a row, regardless of how bad they are, just our luck we play them this week, I think we are in trouble, too many injuries

History shows that not many teams lose 11 in a row, regardless of how bad they are, just our luck we play them this week, I think we are in trouble, too many injuries
I want to win as much as anyone, but a loss won’t be the end of all things.

with our injuries, form line, forced rotation, condensed fixture and travel the team we field will not be much better than adelaides. This is not a free game by any stretch.

Injuries galore last night, and having Treloar and Pendles out of the side is an issue.

Outs: WHE, IQ, and Treloar (all inj), Grundy (rest), Thomas (omitted)

Ins: Cameron, Varcoe, T. Brown, Mayne, Appleby

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With WHE out I would like to see us try out Reid and Cox forward, leading in opposite directions from the goal square. I think one of our problems with the high bomb is everyone and their grandmother knows where the kick is going. With two potential targets 30m apart, defenders couldn't overcommit to one contest until the ball was actually in the air. I don't even care if they mark the footy. Just the presence of the one should even up the crumb contest around the other.

It leaves us a little slow and lumbering up front, but that shouldn't matter too much against Adelaide.

Cox has to play. Their are no decent forward options and his best is easily better than Reid etc.

It aint going to work as much as we'd like but he is the best option.

Makes me nervous AF when hearing commentators on the radio etc talking as if we just win, no ifs, no buts.

They almost beat Essendon just a week or two ago, and we're getting injuries all over the place.

I just hope we can get some early goals and control the game, unlike last night.

I think Crows have a Real Chance of Beating us

Revising my ins and outs due to Buckley's comments about rest.

OUT: Treloar - Quaynor - Hoskin-Elliot - Thomas - Moore - Grundy - Elliott - Phillips

IN: T Brown - Varcoe - Dunn - Appleby - Cox - Cameron - Broomhead - Mayne

FB: Varcoe - Dunn - Maynard
HB: Crisp - Roughead - Madgen
C: Noble - Sier - Daicos
HF: Ruscoe - Reid - Mihocek
FF: Broomhead - Cox - Stephenson
FOL: Cameron - Sidebottom - Adams
INT: Mayne - Appleby - C. Brown - T. Brown

Way too many changes there....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back